Effective Tuesday May 19
1. Clients must pre-register online to reserve their spots. CLICK HERE for a video on how to check availability and register for classes.
a. Clients must cancel at least 2 hours prior to the start of class in order not to be charged, this can be done easily with the Heat Yoga app. We strongly recommend you download it so you have easy access to your account and instant updates from us. If you missed the information on how to access your account please scroll down for detailed instructions.
b. Clients that do not early cancel or who no show will be charged for the class by use of a punch pass, paid walk in or no show fee.
c. If a client has an unlimited plan, the payment method on file will be charged a $15 fee for missing class due to the fact that they have taken a space that another client could have had.
d. If classes continuously do not have the max number of participants, these offerings will be evaluated for possible cancellation. Please pre-register for the classes you wish to attend to let us know what offerings you want to see remain on the schedule.
2. The Studio will only be open 15 minutes prior to the start time of the class. This is especially important to note on days where there are back to back classes. This shortening of the admittance time will allow us to properly sanitize between classes. If you arrive earlier than 15 minutes, you will be expected to wait outside or in your car.
3. Spots will be marked on the floor where a mat will need to go in order to maintain a healthy distance from your neighbor. Individual spots are not reservable.
4. Space will be very limited due to the distancing guidelines. It is also encouraged that cleaning up after class is done at home as the amount of clients allowed in the locker room at one time will be limited.
5. Minors (under 18) will only be allowed to attend with specific written permission from their parent or guardian (this does NOT mean our standard waiver). This can be emailed or sent with the minor if they are attending class without their parent or guardian. Please make sure to take care of this for your child as they will be charged the no show fee if they are turned away for not having this at the start time of the class.
6. There will be no shared props, mat or towel rentals, AND NO SWEAT/FACE TOWELS in the studio. Please bring or purchase your own for the foreseeable future. (ALL these items will be available for purchase at both locations) The ability to refill your water bottle will not be available for the time being. Please bring a full bottle of water or purchase in the studio.
7. Common surfaces will be regularly cleaned and sanitized by our staff. This includes : Door handles, light switches, counter tops, faucet handles, and ballet barres. We will be using a non-toxic EPA registered disinfectant called Oxivir TB.
8. We understand that with limited class sizes, not everyone will be able to attend nor will some patrons feel safe and comfortable coming back at this time.
a. We will still be offering live streamed classes in a slightly different format to accommodate patrons who cannot return at this time.
The live classes that are taking place will be live streamed to other patrons. UNTIL THE END OF MAY THESE WILL STILL BE FREE. STARTING JUNE 1, THESE WILL BE PAID ONLY so starting June 1, clients must pre register through wellness living or our app in order to get access to the live stream. This will ensure that only clients of Heat Yoga will be able to view the live stream and these classes will NOT be uploaded to YouTube in order to maintain your privacy during your practice.
b. Paid virtual sessions will also ensure that we are able to keep a good number of classes on the schedule for your access. A fine balance between payroll and attendance must be kept in order to make sure we make it through this together.
c. A discounted class pass is available for purchase for virtual classes. They are in increments of 5 classes due to the fact that we do not know how long this will last. The cost is $40 ($8/class) and can be used for any virtual classes but are not valid for in studio/in person classes. There is no expiration date on these class passes. Click Here to purchase your virtual class pass.
d. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN UNLIMITED OPTION YOU STILL NEED TO REGISTER TO GET THE MEETING CODE, BUT VIRTUAL CLASSES WILL BE A PART OF YOUR PACKAGE. YOU MAY ALSO USE YOUR REGULAR CLASS PASS TO PAY FOR THESE CLASSES IF YOU WISH.
e. There is still access to a library of over 100 recorded yoga classes for free on our YouTube Channel. The videos will remain on our channel indefinitely. Click here to view and subscribe.
9. Your instructor MAY NOT be wearing a mask (this will be based on her preference). If you wish to wear a mask during class, please be extra diligent about listening to your body. This may cause dizziness and faster overheating due to the heat, decreased oxygen intake and the vigorous movement.
'Compared with normal breathing, wearing any kind of protective mask decreases the flow of air into your lungs, Scott McAfee, physical therapist and orthopedic specialist at MovementX, tells CNET. Less oxygen in your lungs means less oxygen in your bloodstream and your working muscles, which is what makes training more difficult.
"Different masks have varying levels of airflow restriction, depending on the thickness of the material," McAfee says. "With less air, your body has less available oxygen to utilize during exercise to convert glucose [sugar] into energy." McAfee says that anyone, even those who have a relatively high level of fitness, should expect to fatigue faster when exercising with a face mask…”'
10. North Liberty is already equipped with an Air Scrubber to help eliminate contaminants in the air and on surfaces and Cedar Rapids will have one installed the morning of May 20th.. The benefits include:
Purifies air, removes VOCs, and significantly reduces dust particles and odors without using ozone
Reduces exposure to common bacteria and viruses and their effects upon your health and wellness
Protects against allergy and asthma triggering contaminants and respiratory issues which may lead to health problems
Effective against MRSA, E. coli and other illness causing bacteria and viruses
Click Here for more information on this technology.
11. Radiant heating is a much cleaner form of heating than forced air systems (furnace units). Both locations are equipped with radiant heating which will cut down on particulates being circulated through the air with traditional HVAC systems. In the shared common space, the air scrubber will be in place to help maintain air quality and surface cleanliness.
12. Your health matters and so does the health of our community. Please continue to practice good hand washing habits and stay home if you feel ill or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. We will do our best to still provide classes virtually until we can open at full capacity.
13. Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we work through any bugs that may arise with this new way of doing business. Your support has not gone unnoticed. ~Namaste~